- Product Features
- Top load main compartment reveals 15" padded laptop cell (will hold most 13-16" laptops)
- Slip tablet pocket with cord and battery storage
- See-through zippered pocket to hold all the doo-dads that tend to get lost otherwise
- Plenty of main compartment capacity for books, shoes, clothing, etc.
- Reflective light loop for better night safety
- Side water bottle pockets with compression straps
- Padded and contoured shoulder straps with sternum strap for a comfortable carry
- Quick grab haul loop
- 3D foam mesh back panel with air-flow channel for comfort on hotter days
- Integrated luggage pass through secures the bag to the handle of your wheeled luggage
- Bottom zip pocket holds detachable rain cover in case of a sudden downpour
- Durable yet super light aluminium zipper pulls with large, #10 self-repairing YKK® zippers
- Water resistant 320D brushed poly main fabric with 640D reinforced bottom fabric
- main material(s): Cottna 320D/640D Water Resistant Poly
- lining: 200g Polyester with Brushed Nylex
- device space: 10.04 x 14.76 x 1.18 in / 25.5 x 37.5 x 3 cm
- outer dimensions: 18.50 x 12.20 x 7.48 in / 47 x 31 x 19 cm
- capacity: 1094.4 cu in / 18 L
- weight: 2.29 lbs / 1.04 kg
- Reviews (3)
- Its The Best!
Its The best backpack for professionals, specially for apple Macbook Pro.
I have buy a shoulder bag 1 year a go and this is my second STM bag.
Thank U STM for your quality and lifetime warranty sure.
- GREAT BAG!!
I wore out my Evolution after 5 years and returned to STM due to the quality of that bag. I wasn't crazy about the price and had serious reservations about buying it unseen. I am OCD when I spend half as much on a bag and really looked hard for an alternative that I liked and couldn't find any that really felt like it was getting the job done. I took the plunge and got this bag. Wow, just wow! I am carrying a 15inch MacBook Pro retina. I regularly carry a second 14 inch laptop as well. I carry numerous thumb drives and a couple external drives, an ipad mini, a small writing book, a dvd drive, an file case, power supply(s), earbuds, phone, small camera, voice recorder, quite a few different cables, a significant size emergency battery, mouse, and generally another couple items specific to that days work. I have been using for about 3 months now and I have never had my bag stay this well organized. It's super comfortable and even if it's packed solid it's doesn't look enormous. I never seems to be strained under a full load regardless of how it's slung. Also, the one problem I had with the evolution was that computer compartment did a poor job of protecting the computer edges and I had to put my own padding in the bottom to do the job right. That is not the case with the Drifter, that issue is fully resolved. I have found a couple things I think could be improved but this is by far the best bag that I have ever used.
My peeves are pretty straight forward; the inside upper zip pocket doesn't have a zipper string like the rest of the external zippers (took about 10 seconds to fix this one myself). Second, the very bottom external pocket is significantly constrained. If the bag is loaded at all in the main storage compartment it becomes very tough to get things in and out of that pocket. I end up using it exclusively for writing instruments which is sort of a waste because it's got all the lovely recesses for business cards etc. Third, the main compartment "lid" folds out toward the front rather then the back. This makes getting to the external pockets awkward and kind of ruins the balance when standing the bag up straight. That being said, I feel like one day I am going realize why STM did it this way and I will totally facepalm and mutter to myself "they're geniuses!". Fourth, the inside pocket that is opposite the laptop/ipad compartment is significantly less structured then the laptop/ipad compartments and feels "soggy" and has a tendency to catch stray things and hamper getting to bottom of the main compartment. It's minor though, really minor and there are times when its just right.
One thing I would like to note is that I am never diving into the bag while moving around. It's either sitting on the floor or flat on a table when I am pulling things out of it or putting things in. It's just one area where you are on your own if that's important to you. Not saying it doesn't work for that, it's just not how I use it. The only pocket I use while on the go is the very top one and that works fantastic.
My only real grouse is the price. I would like to see them at $50 or $60 US. That being said, if they were $50 or $60 I would probably by 8 of them to make sure I had a lifetime supply for myself and the kids.
- My Favorite Travel Partner
Logged lots of airline miles with the Drifter and have come to heavily rely on it. When carrying a 13" (MacBook Air) + Tablet + chargers, cords, batteries, headphones, some paper files etc AND an extra sweater, some snacks for the plane a water bottle and all my travel docs. It seems like the bag was designed for me. It slips over my luggage handle with the built in pass-thru on the back - brilliant.
Love this bag!
Write your review